Studies indicate that the type of implant surface can directly influence the outcome of the procedure. Silimed offers two surface
options for breast implants:
- Low capsular contracture rate of 1% in 10 years.¹
- The polyurethane adhesive resists rotation.²
- Its velcro effect is effective in patients with ptosis.²
- Patented texture method with formation of open pores in the membrane without the use of negative printing, sugar or sodium chloride.
- Low capsular contracture rate of 8% in 9 years³. Other manufacturers report rates of up to 17% in 10 years⁴ in clinical studies.⁵'⁶
Soft enough to mimic the feel of natural breast tissue, and firm enough to maintain the shape of the implant. The implants of the BioDesign line have an HSC + gel that contours the body and maintains the natural appearance.
- High performance cohesive gel.
- Degree of penetration: 1
(The lower the measured grade, the higher the consistency of the gel)
- Increase in the integration rate of the gel with the membrane.7
- The highest elasticity index of the gel.7
- Higher index of resistance to gel fracture.
There are 5 types of implants with different profiles in the BioDesign line.
BioDesign implants offer the best projection on the market and a perfect volume
distribution x base:
- 4 Projections (LO, MD, HI, XH) per base.
- Greater projection (size C) and longer arch length (size D) than competitors implants with approximate bases.
- In order for competing brands to have the same projection, they must increase the size of the base and the volume of the implants.
- Better volume distribution to avoid mechanical complications of an excessively heavy implant in the long term.
- VÁSQUEZ, G; PELLÓN, A. Polyurethane-coated silicone gel breast implants used for 18 years. Aesthetic plastic surgery, v. 31, n. 4, p. 330-336, 2007.2. GEORGEU et al, Conical Polyurethane Implants: An Uplifting Augmentation, Aesthetic Surgery Journal v.33, n.8, p.1116–1128, 2013.
- STEVENS, W. G. et al. Nine-year core study data for sientra’s fda-approved round and shaped implants with high-strength cohesive silicone gel. Aesthetic surgery journal, v. 36, n. 4, p. 404-416, 2016. Apa
- SPEAR, S. L. et al. Natrelle round silicone breast implants: core study results at 10 years. Plastic and reconstructive surgery, v. 133, n. 6, p. 1354-1361, 2014.
- KINNEY B.M. et al, Silicone gel breast implants: science and testing, Plastic And Reconstructive Surgery Journal, v.134, 2014.